24 oct. 2014

Vegan omelette

Tofu omelette

Few times I've cooked vegan scrambled "eggs" and they're absolutely delicious, but... I was missing a classic omelette, but eggless of course. I've turned around some ingredients and ideas in my mind, I've pinched a little inspiration from here and there and I've formulated an idea of a vegan tofu omelette.

Ingredients:

* 500g tofu

* almond milk (unsweetened)

* gram flour

* herbs (fresh or dried)

* extra virgin olive oil (about 2 tablespoons)

* Himalaya salt

* grounded black pepper

* turmeric powder

Toppings

* raw marinated capsicum

* raw marinated mushrooms

In the morning I've marinated a rainbow of capsicum, cut in thin slices.





A few hours later, the marinated capsicum were softened and with a lovely aroma.





Mushrooms stems put to marinate in the morning:





And here they're marinated:





Now let's start to do the omelettes! I've blended well all the ingredients together, adding the flour a little at a time, until I've got a batter a little thicker that that for pancakes.





In the classic omelette you add the pepper and the mushrooms to the batter but... when I saw those toppings, nicely marinated and filled with enzymes I didn't had the heart to destroy them with heat so I've left them to join the ready omelettes later on.

I've heated a non-stick baking pan on the stove and I've poured batter as for pancakes.





I've baked on each side until the omelette was done.









I topped with the capsicum rainbow:





Some pickled cauliflower and a pickled tomato joined the omelette:





The second omelette received the marinated mushrooms:





The third one guess what! a capsicum-and-mushrooms-fusion!





I told myself "Thank you for a lovely meal!"






Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu